Gourmet Burger Bar Summer Party

One of my favorite things about summer is grilling, and now that we have our new patio we can finally entertain outside!  I fell in love with the gourmet hot dog party I saw at Hostess with the Mostess and knew I wanted to incorporate some of those elements into our summer BBQ party.  However, I HATE hot dogs.  Instead, I decided to host a gourmet burger bar party!

I found some inexpensive reusable plastic food baskets from Party City ($3.99 for 6 baskets); I bought them in store so I didn’t have to pay for shipping.  The gingham burger basket liners came from Sur La Table {also purchased in store}.

I set up a build your own burger bar with as many delicious toppings as I could fit on the island.

I modified the free summer BBQ printables from the hot dog party to incorporate my own ingredients and burger recipes.

I may or may not have “borrowed” some of the burger recipe suggestions from Red Robin.  {That place has the best topping choices!}

I kind of love labeling things, even though everyone knows what bacon, pineapples, and jalapenos look like.

I made my famous {OK, my mom’s famous} Asian coleslaw recipe and packaged it in individual cups with spoons to be easily added to the burger baskets.

The burgers were a big hit!  Everyone had fun making some crazy concoctions and, lucky for us, we got to eat the leftovers for a few days after.

I think this party proves that I’m a good blogger, but a horrible person.  I took a million photos of the food table, and none of the guests.  Ah well… Stay tuned later this week and I’ll show you how I made some adorable cake pops!

About these ads
This entry was posted in Parties. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Gourmet Burger Bar Summer Party

1. Neil says:

mmmm cake pops! Those were tasty.

2. What a fun party! I love all the labels and concoctions that you came up with. I just might have to steal this idea for our next BBQ!

3. How did you make and keep all of your burgers hot without drying out? I love your idea by the way. I am going to do it for my son’s first birthday party.

4. Nicole says:

How did you motify the printables! Thanks!

5. Abby Gutierrez says:

What type of bun?

6. Linda says:

Did you make your own onion straws? If so, how? If not, what did you use?

7. JennyCup says:

Hello, I love your party idea! Would you mind posting your modified printables for those of us that love what you did?

8. Dee Dee says:

What an adorable idea! I’m going to try it for an indoor party during the winter. How did you handle the cheese? Did you melt it on the burgers or did your guests place it on the burgers themselves?

9. Lori says:

The link for the burger printable son longer has any info. Can you repost or sent it? This is a great idea and I want to use it for my outdoor BBQ coming up.

10. Pingback: Block Party Ideas: A How-to Guide